About the Project
We will be finishing the remaining gap from Cypress Court to the Foreshore to allow a safe pedestrian link and separation between vehicles and pedestrians. These works will give residents along the streets and the greater area, a safe pedestrian connection to existing footpath network.
Council has appointed SR Excavations Pty Ltd to undertake these works under annual supply contract. Construction will begin mid to late October 2022 and is anticipated to be completed prior to Christmas, subject to favourable weather, contractor and supplier availability and any potential COVID-19 impacts.
The project involves linking the existing footpath along Red Rocks Road to the Foreshore path and beach access.
- Construction of a 1.5-metre-wide 125mm thick fibre reinforced concrete path from Cypress Court to the Foreshore including service adjustments for water, power and Telstra services, and alterations to stormwater, where required.
- Minor vegetation trimming and removal to allow for the construction of the new footpath. All necessary permits and approvals have been secured.
- New footpath laybacks, kerb and drainage at intersections and connections, as required.
- Access to your property will be restricted for a four-day period following from when the concrete is poured. This is required to allow the concrete to set properly before any vehicles can use the driveway. Our contractor will advise you, in advance, of any works affecting access to your property.
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures such as lane closures and traffic lights will be implemented onsite during these works. This will be a construction zone and we appreciate that for your own safety and others that access will be restricted. Our staff and contractor will notify nearby residents, businesses and user groups who may be impacted by these works.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy, and vibration works for construction including saw cutting, use of trucks for removal or delivery of materials.
These works are funded by Council’s Pathway Gaps Program 2022/23 in the order of $160,000.
- This new footpath completes the link between Settlement Rd and the Foreshore.
- The aim of this project is to improve access for pedestrians and the community. These works will give residents along the streets and the greater area, a safe connection to the existing footpath network.
Long term financial plan – Footpath GAPS Program.