Sport is a major source of community activity, health and connection in Wonthaggi.
Investment in the Wonthaggi Recreation Reserve will ensure the Bass Coast’s growing population has access to high quality community sporting facilities required in a Regional Sporting Hub.
The Reserve is home to multiple sports serving people of all ages including:
- Australian Rules Football and Netball (Wonthaggi Power Football and Netball Club)
- Cricket (Wonthaggi Miners Cricket Club, Glen Alvie Cricket Club and Wonthaggi Cricket Club)
- Soccer (Wonthaggi United Soccer Club)
- Tennis (Wonthaggi Tennis Club)
- Croquet (Wonthaggi Croquet Club
It is also the only precinct in the region capable of attracting and hosting large scale sporting events.
Council is seeking to partner with Government to deliver the full Recreation Reserve Master Plan which includes;
- Netball Pavilion
- Completion of female friendly facilities for AFL