Bass Coast Shire Council appointed contractor Super Paving (Vic.) Pty Ltd under our annual supply contract to carry out renewal of footpath works and some parking bay upgrades along Wilson Avenue in Inverloch.
Works are now completed.
The aim of this project was to improve access and carparking bays for pedestrians and the community. These works will give residents along the streets improved amenity and a safe pedestrian connection.
These works are fully funded by Council in the order of $80,000 and are part of Council’s 2020/21 Capital Works Program
- Remove and disposal of existing concrete from pathway and carpark area.
- Remove old timber sleeper wall adjacent to the path and replace with concrete sleepers.
- Construct kerb and channel for parking bay area.
- Minor drainage and pit works.
- Renewal of about 65-metre-long, 1.5m wide path with 100mm thick fibre reinforced concrete footpath, including pram crossing with tactiles.
- Renewal of carparking bays areas with 125mm fibre reinforced concrete including installation of wheel stops.
- For safety reasons, this section of the pathway and carpark areas will be a construction zone. Appropriate traffic/pedestrian measures will be in place throughout the duration of the works.
- The use of plant and machinery including noisy works such as earthworks, saw cutting and use of trucks delivering concrete
Construction works have been completed.