Bass Coast Shire appointed contractors Super Paving (Vic.) Pty Ltd to carry out new raised pedestrian safety platform works on the intersection of Sandymount Avenue with Powlett Street, Inverloch.
Works are now complete.
- Improve safety, and ease of walking for pedestrians – including school children – using the Powlett Street footpath when crossing Sandymount Avenue.
- Highlight the presence of a bicycle lane along Powlett St to reduce the potential conflict between bicycles and other vehicles.
- Improve visibility of bicycle operating space where an intersection or road environment is busy.
- The raised pedestrian platform in the centre of Sandymount Avenue will improve pedestrian safety when crossing the road and is located near the school and will particularly help school children to be active.
These works were carried out under Council annual supply contracts as a part of Council’s adopted 2021/22 Capital Works Program. This project is being funded by Council in the order of $128,000.
- Construction of a new raised pedestrian safety platform and modification works to the pedestrian refuge island, including drainage improvements and linemarking/signage as required.
- Removal and replacement of existing concrete driveway into unit development at 55 Sandymount Avenue.