This project has created a brand new croquet pavilion to accommodate the Phillip Island Croquet Club’s increasing membership base. The new facility will include accessible amenities, a multi-purpose/social space, toilets, storage and a kitchenette. The community will benefit from the much needed facility upgrade at the Blue Gum Reserve, which is funded through the State Government’s Stimulus Funding program, Bass Coast Shire Council and Phillip Island Croquet Club.
Completed project pics
The total project costs are in the order of $600,000. Contributions to this project include; Council ($30,000), Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV - $545,000), Phillip Island Croquet Club ($25,000). In addition, Council acknowledges the significant club contribution towards the detailed design for pavilion.
- Removal of a tree located within the building footprint. All permits/consents have been secured.
- Demolition/removal of the storage facility and existing Croquet Club Building. The building will be demolished after a new pavilion is built.
- Building a new pavilion for Philip Island Croquet Club.
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures will be implemented onsite during these works. This will be a construction zone and that we appreciate that for your own safety and others that access will be restricted. No road closure is expected.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy and vibration works for construction including use of trucks for removal or delivery of materials.