PICAL, which is currently located on Church Street in Cowes, provides vital community services through an emergency food relief service, Centrelink Agency, a community garden, employment services, workshops, adult education and support through referrals to welfare services such as mental health counselling, family violence assistance and emergency accommodation.
PICAL’s current site has been acquired to build the Phillip Island Community Hospital and therefore, they need to relocate.
In 2019, we purchased a vacant block of land that forms part of what is locally known as the ‘Old Warley Hospital’ site at 16 Warley Avenue in Cowes, which will become the new home for PICAL.
5 SEPTEMBER 2022 - Progress Update
The modular buildings are scheduled to be delivered in mid September 2022.
Offsite works update:
- Wall, floor and roof framing complete
- Roof sheets have been installed
- Rough in completed
- Windows and internal doors have been installed
- Plastering and insulation has been completed
- Electrical / Mechanical fitout underway
- Cladding almost complete (85%)
- Internal painting underway
Onsite works update:
- Screw piles have been installed
- Service connections and plumbing works have been completed
- Footings installed
- Civil works completed
- Retaining works underway