Bass Coast Shire Council has awarded a contract to Wiltrack Earthmoving to carry out renewal works of Cape Paterson Boat Ramp Carpark Retaining Wall. See map below.
- The works are being done because the existing retaining wall is in a very poor condition and a safety concern.
- The new concrete sleeper retaining wall will improve the aesthetics of the area and provide a safe place to launch and retrieve boats / watercraft.
These works are fully funded by Council in the order of $110,000 and are part of Council’s 2022/23 Capital Works Building and Open Space Renewal program.
- Construction of a new concrete sleeper retaining wall including associated drainage works.
- For safety reasons, the area around the retaining wall will be a construction zone. As always, emergency service access will be provided.
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures will be in place. Access to some carparking spaces, boat ramp and beach will be available throughout the duration of the works. Traffic management plan provided.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy works such as demolition, retaining wall construction and use of trucks for removal or delivery of materials to site.