About the Project
Council has appointed Evergreen Turf Group Pty Ltd to carry out rejuvenation works at Cowes Recreation Reserve, Cowes.
Construction will begin on Monday 2 October 2022 and is anticipated to be completed by end of January 2024. This will include 12 weeks turf establishment and maintenance, and is subject to favourable weather, contractor, and supplier availability.
This project is funded by Council in the order of $300,000.
- The drainage upgrade, resurfacing and warm season grass conversion at Cowes Recreation Reserve Oval will bring the performance of this deteriorated oval to a level conducive to playing local level football and cricket. This will achieve the best outcome for the long-term performance of the oval.
- This project represents another investment in sport and recreation facilities in Cowes and will significantly improve the condition of the recreation oval.
The total project cost is in the order of $300,000 funded by Council.
- Reshaping, cultivating, compaction and earthworks to allow better rainfall runoff from oval surface.
- Reinstatement of the existing irrigation including renewal of the subsurface drainage.
- Supply and installation of concrete synthetic cricket pitch.
- Turf sprigging works including turf maintenance works.
- The recreation oval will be closed to the public during the construction and turf maintenance period.
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures will be implemented onsite. This will be a construction zone. We appreciate that for your own safety and others that access will not be available to the public. A temporary perimeter fence will be installed to stop public access to the construction site.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy, and vibration works for construction including use of trucks for removal or delivery of materials.