Council has awarded TS Constructions Pty Ltd to undertake the construction of a new pavilion for the Wonthaggi Tennis Club at the Wonthaggi Recreation Reserve.
Construction will begin in late September 2022 and is anticipated to be completed in May 2023, subject to favourable weather, contractor and supplier availability and any potential COVID-19 impacts.
This new facility will provide a purpose built, stand alone amenity for the Wonthaggi Tennis Club members and guests.
These works are funded by Council’s Capital Works Program and Victorian Government Grant in the order of $870,000.
- This facility will have an overall floor area of 207m2, including a social room of 80m2.
- External decking of 75m2, with a view over the existing courts,
- Office Space, Kitchen, fully accessible amenities as well as internal and external storage
- All electric facility with sustainable design features
- One large tree will be removed as part of the project. A vegetation removal permit was not required.
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measure will be implemented onsite during these works. Access to the tennis courts will be maintained during the construction period. This will be a construction zone and we appreciate that for your own safety and others that access at times will be restricted.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy works for construction, such as earthworks, building construction works and use of trucks for removal or delivery of materials etc.