About the Bass Coast Rural Engagement Group
The Bass Coast Rural Engagement Group was formed in 2013 as an advisory group to Council to ensure an open, productive relationship between Council and representatives of the agricultural sector.
New Rural Engagement Group members
Congratulations to the newly appointed Rural Engagement Group members, we had an overwhelming response to the application process, and it was excellent to see the breadth of experience, interest areas and passion for our agricultural community. The appointed members of the group include:
- Peter McLaren
- Barb Stewart
- Marie Trigg
- Bill Cleeland
- Kevin Chamberlin
- Shaun Ritchie
- Ric Oldham
- Lisa Huitson
- Luke Soussa
- John Kilsby
- Joel Geoghegan - Bass Coast Landcare Network representative
- Graham Wood - Victorian Farmers Federation representative
- Ben Gebert - Food and Fibre Gippsland representative
The group is chaired by Cr Clare Le Serve.
We will be holding a morning tea on Friday, 21 July and we encourage you to attend to help celebrate the new committee. Register your interest by emailing Lucy Dewhurst at email@example.com.
Advisory group member expectations
We ask that our committee members agree to the following:
- Attend in-person two-hour meetings on a quarterly basis.
- Actively contribute constructively in meetings.
- Agree to abide by the Rural Engagement Group Terms of Reference.
You can sign up to be on the committee for one or two years, we will introduce a minimum two-year term for committee members from 2024.