Council has appointed Super Paving (Vic) Pty Ltd to construct a new footpath along Albon Street, between Peters Street and Smythe Street and The Esplanade. These works are part of Council’s adopted 2023/24 Capital Works Program.
The aim of this project is to improve access for pedestrians and increase the number of footpaths, lanes, and pathways for the community.
- The aim of this project is to improve access for pedestrians and increase the number of footpaths, lanes, and pathways for the community.
- These works will give the residents along the street, and the greater area, a safer pedestrian connection.
- Construction of a new 2.0 metre wide concrete shared path on The Esplanade, along the foreshore, including retaining walls, as required.
- Construction of a new 1.5 metre wide concrete footpath on Peters Street, Albon Street, Smythe Street, including Telstra pits adjustments, driveways, and pedestrian refuge island.
- Construction of a new raised safety platform with a coloured surface treatment on the corner of Peters Street and The Esplanade.
- Some tree trimming is required along some sections of the proposed footpath.
- Some driveways will need to be adjusted as they are too steep to meet Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) compliance for the new footpath. Our contractor will continue to work with those affected landowners.
- As part of these works, new concrete may be placed through landowner’s driveways. Access to their properties will be restricted for a four-day period following from when the concrete is poured. This is required to allow the concrete to set properly before any vehicles can use the driveway. Our contractor will advise you, in advance, of any works affecting access to your property.
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures will be in place onsite. There will be minor traffic delays while these works are being completed. Access to the boat ramp facility will be always available. Emergency vehicle access to properties will be always maintained.
- The use of noisy plant and machinery, vibration works such as saw cutting, concrete works, and the use of trucks for removal or delivery of materials.